My Place Realty's Pet Policy
- My Place Realty allows for two pets (any combination of cat/dog). Dogs can weigh up to a maximum of 40 Lbs. Approval must be granted by My Place Realty before bringing any pet onto the property.
- Tenants may have a fish tank/bowl up to a maximum of 5 Gallons.
- My Place Realty upholds The Responsible Pet Ownership By-Law. The By-Law includes a list of all prohibited animals within the limits of the City of Winnipeg (See schedule A). All prohibited animals listed in the by-law are also prohibited in the buildings managed by My Place Realty.
Responsibilities of the Pet Owner:
- All pets are to be licensed and vaccinated in accordance with local laws.
- Tenants are responsible for ensuring that their pets do not disturb or cause harm to other residents, guests or neighbors. Excessive barking will not be tolerated and may be grounds for immediate eviction of both owner and the pet.
- Any aggressive behavior will be reported to animal control and may result in possible eviction of the animal.
- Pets are not permitted to roam free in communal areas and must not be left unattended on the balcony.
- All pets must be restrained when maintenance or contractors have to enter the unit.
- Cats should be transported in carriers when moving through common areas and dogs must be on a leash.
- The tenant shall be responsible to clean up and dispose of their pet’s waste appropriately at-all-times. Pet owners who are found not cleaning up after their pet will be subject to an additional $100 per offense penalty.
- Owners are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of their apartment, including the balcony. Any pet excrement or urine found in these areas will not be tolerated and may be grounds for immediate eviction of both owner and pet and may be reported to animal control and/or the health authority.
- Tenants who want a pet after moving in or are adding another pet to their suite must ask for their landlord's written permission and agrees to pay the required fees.
- The Pet Deposit is equal to the value of one months’ rent, and it must be received prior to your pet moving in. Please call 204-594-5405 for more details.
- Pet owners assume full responsibility of their pets at-all-times.
Last Revised April 19, 2018.