Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Where is your office located?
1274 Archibald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2J 0Z3
- What is your hours of operation?
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- What is your website address? www.myplace.ca
- When is my rent due?
Rent is due every first business day of the month.
- Do you have a secure mailbox if I need drop forms after office hours?
Yes, we have a secure mailbox located outside of our office however we do not accept cash payments.
- What current payment options do you provide for your tenants?
Our preferred method is with Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD). We also accept debit, cheque, money orders and email transfers.
- If I am late on paying my rent, what is the late fee?
The rate for an overdue payment fee is set by regulation. A landlord cannot charge more than what has been set by regulation. A landlord may charge an overdue payment fee of: up to $10.00 for the day the rent was due; and up to $2.00 for each day after the due date that the rent is late in any consecutive number of rental payment periods, to a maximum of $100.00.
- Should I decide to sublet my apartment, what is the process?
Sublet form to be filled out along with $75 fee up front. The main tenant should be current with rent, and the new tenant applying must meet our criteria for approval.
- Is there an associated fee to subletting my apartment? If yes, what is the fee?
Yes, there is a $75 fee per application.
- Who is my Property Manager for my building?
Contact My Place Realty at 204-594-5405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I have a maintenance issue in my suite, how do I address it?
The tenant should speak directly with the Caretaker of the building or contact their Property Manager.
- Will my rent change now that My Place Realty is our new property management company?
Your rent will remain the same if your lease is in place. Any future increases will be written in the renewal documents.
- How do you deal with unruly tenants for your properties?
Part of our Mission is to provide quality homes where people are proud to call home. The first step is to approach your caretaker. If this issue doesn’t get resolved, you can approach the Property Manager.
- On the myplace.ca website, it indicates that My Place Properties are Pet Friendly.
Is a Pet Deposit required? If so, what is the amount for the deposit?
Yes, all our buildings are pet friendly. We required a full month’s rent to be held as a pet deposit. Additional information on our policy is located under the Tenant Resources tab on our website.