My Place Realty, a locally owned property management company, is seeking a Handyman/Construction Person to facilitate general maintenance for multiple residential apartment complexes located throughout the city of Winnipeg. In addition, the Handyman/Construction Person will also work on smaller construction jobs such as the demolition and renovation of a complete suite.
Job Duties include:
- Following work orders as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor;
- Basic touch-up carpentry (drywall, taping, sanding, painting);
- Basic plumbing such as replacing cartridges or faucets, installation of sinks and toilets;
- Minor repair work such as replacing windows, doors and locks;
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems on building equipment;
- Demolition and renovation of tenant suites - tearing out floors and replacing, replacing cabinets and counters, drywall, mudding and taping, sanding and painting.
- Digging around foundations, sewer lines.
- Grade 12 education and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a handyman/construction role;
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems;
- Basic general carpentry knowledge;
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Physically fit with the ability to lift a maximum of 40 lbs;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Current Criminal Record Check;
- Ability to take initiative.
The candidate must possess their own personal protective equipment such as a hard hat and steel-toed shoes. Candidate must possess their own vehicle for use in visiting multiple locations throughout the city in the course of a day.
Compensation for this position is $22.00 to $27.00 per hour plus mileage and includes a medical and dental benefits plan after three (3) months of employment. Pension plan benefits after one full year of employment. Interested candidates should respond with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org